Recently I came across an issue while developing ASP.NET web application. I want the .aspx page titles to change whenever I browse a certain page on my website. After some research I was able to do this by setting the 'title' as a server control by adding runat="server" inside the tag and utilize the following in your code-behind file:
Protected pageTitle As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
pageTitle.InnerText = "Title"
If you are using a Masterpage:
use instead Page.Header.Title
Recently I came across an issue while developing ASP.NET web application. I want the .aspx page titles to change whenever I browse a certain page on my website. After some research I was able to do this by setting the 'title' as a server control by adding runat="server" inside the tag and utilize the following in your code-behind file:
A friend recently posted this very interesting link he found in the internet. We're very much thinking about us being in the company and working our way off to the corporate ladder's bigshots. Seems like this article is a hit.
"I don't give a sh*t what you think."
That was the answer I received the very first time I asked for a raise. It was stated matter-of-factly, as if I was just another irrelevant cog in the system.
Well, I wasn't going to stand for this. I took my whopping one year of experience and left this idiot manager behind, confident that any future manager could not be worse.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Turns out he may have not been so bad after all.
Being in these situations inevitably leads one to question a boss's managerial skills. At one point or another in your career, you most likely have had this discussion with a co-worker: "So-and-so is an idiot. Can you believe that moron who never really talks to us tried to give a team pep talk and then thought we'd be thrilled about working all weekend? If he would actually listen to us, we wouldn't have been in that situation."
What I found is that whether it was the PL/1 development project from my early days to the Java/.Net world of today, the curious actions of managers and the ultimate reactions of employees determined the fate of projects and ultimately damaged the long-term success of a team. (Does anyone even code in PL/1 anymore?)
Read More Here...
As you can see, it very much helps to understand our leaders. Now you know! Now you don't!
Please visit this site -- http://kospurei.multiply.com/
Don't forget to share this to your fellow otakus. (-:
The Documentary "Kospurei" is under the G.A.M.E. Productions. All Rights reserved. (-:
Found this over the net. It's kind of funny but true.
Customer Service Rep: Can you install LOVE?
Customer: I can do that. I'm not very technical, but I think I am ready to install now. What do I do first?
Customer Service Rep: The first step is to open your HEART. Have you located your HEART ma'am?
Customer: Yes I have, but there are several programs running right now.Is it okay to install while they are running?
Customer Service Rep: What programs are running ma'am?
Customer: Let me see....I have PASTHURT.EXE, LOWESTEEM.EXE, GRUDGE.EXE, and RESENTMENT.COM running right now.
Customer Service Rep: No problem. LOVE will automatically erase PASTHURT.EXE from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it will no longer disrupt other programs. LOVE will eventually overwrite LOWESTEEM.EXE with a module of its own called HIGHESTEEM.EXE. However, you have to completely turn off GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM. Those programs prevent LOVE from being properly installed. Can you turn those off ma'am?
Customer: I don't know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?
Customer Service Rep: My pleasure. Go to your Start menu and invoke FORGIVENESS.EXE. Do this as many times as necessary until GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM have been completely erased.
Customer: Okay, I'm done. LOVE has started installing itself automatically. Is that normal?
Customer Service Rep: Yes it is. You should receive a message that says it will reinstall for the life of your HEART. Do you see that message?
Customer: Yes I do. Is it completely installed?
Customer Service Rep: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to begin connecting to other HEARTS in order to get the upgrades.
Customer: Oops...I have an error message already. What should I do?
Customer Service Rep: What does the message say?
Customer: It says "ERROR 412 - PROGRAM NOT RUN ON INTERNAL COMPONENTS". What does that mean?
Customer Service Rep: Don't worry ma'am, that's a common problem. It means that the LOVE program is set up to run on external HEARTS but has not yet been run on your HEART. It is one of those complicated programming things, but in non-technical terms it means you have to "LOVE" your own machine before It can "LOVE"others.
Customer: So what should I do?
Customer Service Rep: Can you find the directory called "SELF-ACCEPTANCE"?
Customer: Yes, I have it.
Customer Service Rep: Excellent, you are getting good at this.
Customer: Thank you.
Customer Service Rep: You're welcome. Click on the following files and then copy them to the "MYHEART" directory: FORGIVESELF.DOC, SELFESTEEM.TXT, EALIZEWORTH.TXT, and GOODNESS.DOC. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching any faulty programming. Also, you need to delete SELFCRITIC.EXE from all directories, and then empty your recycle bin afterwards to make sure it is completely gone and never comes back.
Customer: Got it. Hey! My HEART is filling up with really neat files. SMILE.MPG is playing on my monitor right now and it shows that WARMTH.COM, PEACE.EXE, and CONTENTMENT.COM are copying themselves all over my HEART!
Customer Service Rep: Then LOVE is installed and running. You should be able to handle it from here. One more thing before I go...
Customer Service Rep: LOVE is freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to everybody you meet. They will in turn share it with other people and they will return some really neat modules back to you.Customer: I will. Thank you for your help. Read More
An interesting note from Ate Tara's blog.
1. "Ang mag-assume, TALO (kahit 2% pa yan)."
2. "Kung ayaw may DAHILAN, kung gusto may PARAAN."
3. "BACK OFF (as in back off) sa mga IN A RELATIONSHIP, kahit saan anggulo mo tingnan, ikaw pa rin ang mali."
4. "Maniwala sa IT'S COMPLICATED na status. Hindi lang chenes yan."
5. "Learn to LET GO kung alam mong wala na talaga."--------------->>> :(
6. "Keep your DIGNITY."------------>> right..
7. "If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay."-------------------------------->> thats why it will always hurt if he doesnt do anything..:(
8. "Ang QT (quality time), at least 5 hours lang per week."
9. "Hindi dahilan ang TIME."------------------->> why?:(
10. "Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Kadalasan tama ito mga girls."
11. "If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve, then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. At some case this is applicable."
12. "Hindi balakid kung magkaiba ang RELIGION niyong dalawa."
13. "Kung kayang i-workout, i-WORKOUT!". Kalokohan ang reason na "IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME."
14. "All men are NOT dogs. You should not be the one doing all the bending... compromise is a two way street."
15. "Learn to forgive para magkaroon ka ng peace of mind."
16. "Some can forgive but can't forget."
17. "OPEN COMMUNICATION, TRUST AND HONESTY are the most important ingredients in a relationship."
18. "You need time to heal between relationships. There is nothing cute about baggage. Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship pag hindi kasi, it can affect or even ruin your relationship."
19. "Always have your own set of friends separate from his para may iba kang channels that is without him."
20. "Make him miss you sometimes. when a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him, he takes it for granted."
21. "You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals. Look for someone complimentary. not supplementary."
22. "There's NO SUCH THING as COOL OFF/GRAY AREA. Kung white, white! Kung black, black! Walang GRAY AREA."
23."There's a possibility that a person can get attracted to another. It's human nature. It's not wrong. But that is why you're in a commitment, you discipline yourself. One may get attracted to numerous prospects and its ok. As long as, you don't nurse the feeling and do something about it. Borderline between cheating and faithfulness. Recognize reality that you already have the person that can give you more than what you get for the cheap thrill of attraction."
24. "If you felt it, then it was true. Getting hurt doesn't always mean you suffered, it also means you loved sincerely. Don't frown because it's over. SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED."
25. "Everything will fall into place."----------------->> i hope so..
26. A man won't let go if he really loves you. Do not hold on to someone who has let go of you. He does not love you and does not value having you. Believe me, he will not let go if he really loves you. There is another reason he is not willing to tell.
27. Do not look for reasons why he ended the relationship. There is only one reason why he ended your relationship. He just does not love you. Do not waste your time thinking of reasons or what you should have done. Move on and be open to a man who will truly love you.
28. There is a guy who will value you. There is a guy out there who can make you feel valued, appreciated, and loved. And I mean, not just during your first few weeks together. So don't lose hope.------------------->> where are you??
29. Do not believe him when he says it's just the way he really is. He's not the sweet or expressive-type. Remember during your first few weeks together? Where has that sweet guy gone? He simply is not that into you anymore.
30. He must respect you. No matter how long the relationship has been, he should always show respect towards you.
31. If he fooled you, end it. Philandering once is enough. You can never trust nor respect the person again.
32. Never start a relationship the wrong way. Do not steal another girl's man, for whatever reason. Nor should you enter a relationship for the wrong reasons (loneliness, on the rebound, getting back at your ex, man-dependency, etc.) it is bound not to last. You will only end up wasting more years of your life.
33. Don't be afraid to be single. It's fun to be single, try it. You can go out whenever and wherever you want. You are free. You can date whomever you want and you get to go out for free! Do not get a boyfriend just for the sake of having one. Do not settle.
34. You will get over him. Love is over-stated. Love eventually ends and you are free to love another.
35. Be the one. Act like you are the one. Don't be a nagger. Don't hinder his gimmicks. Don't give in to him too easily. Make him treat you as important. Don't be easy. Don't be like every other girl he had in his life.
I oftentimes encounter this specific error when I try to connect to my SQL server.
"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005,
this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)"
Possible cause would be your SQL Service isn't running.
To fix this - check the SQL service under the Services.msc if it is actively running. If not enable it. This will let you log into your local server with ease. Read More
- You'll read his/her messages over and over again.
- You'll walk really slow while you're with him/her.
- While thinking about him/her, your heart beats faster.
- By listening to his/her voice, you'll smile for no reason at all.
- You'll feel shy whenever your with him/her.
- While looking at him/her, you can't see the other people around you.
- You'll start listening to slow songs.
- He/She becomes all you think about.
- You'll get high just by his/her smell.
- You'll realize that your always smiling to yourself when you think about him/her.
- You do anything for him/her.
- While reading this, there is one special person that comes in your mind....
True or Not True?
For all intents & purposes, you're perfectly fine.
Yet inside, where your heart used to be, you hurt so much that you can't breathe, you can't sleep and you can't stop the tears from falling.
You may eat too much; you may not eat at all.
Non-smokers light up...
Non-drinkers find a bar...
A broken heart is one of the world's greatest equalizer, because it can turn even the sweetest angel into a freaking devil. Read More
I just signed up with twitter. It is a social networking and micro-blogging services that enables users to send and receive messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based messages or posts of up to 140 characters and are delivered to the author's subscribers known as followers.
You can add me up at http://twitter.com/cielbleuph
P.S. If you want a more interactive micro-blogging services, why don't you give PLURK a try. You can get it here.
Finally, I'm done with my first template development for CRE Loaded 6.3 Standard. I have been worried about this task since I first received it. I actually spent more than the normal but it is my first time so I think it's a good excuse. :-P
I have been converting templates for CRE Loaded but from older version of the same cart so it's pretty easy to grasps the new file structures are. But developing a template from one cart to another type of cart is a different story. And to add, I am converting an osCommerce template compatible to CRE Loaded 6.3 Standard.
My first few hours (to days) has been a mess. I resorted to doing the development locally in my laptop so to speed things up instead of using our company's development site. Don't blame me but I hate the loading time and I am lazy when uploading changes a dozen times for just one file. Who would like to do that? Well I managed to grasps the file structure by looking at referenced templates and the default templates already installed in CRE Loaded 6.3. But I think one of the big help aside from over-extending my patience in dueling this task is guidance and peace giventh to me from up above.
Another help is this site I found while looking for references:
(Of course it's from CRE Loaded's website, silly me!)
Anyways, hopefully I would be efficient in specific tasks like these. I can't wait to try another template development. I just love challenges despite having to tackle dirty roads. Are you?
I haven't been able to update my blog for over a month. I have been very very very busy with life. I had to restructure my priorities. Sad to say, blogging is one of the least but of course, it doesn't mean I'll stop blogging. To catch up, what happen to me in between my last post and today...
1.) Finally I got my PLDT DSL Connection. I had a previous rant post about PLDTMyDSL services. Apparently all is well now. I am a very satisfied customer. The internet service live up to the package I selected - a 1mbps package. I can now watch movies and anime online without having to wait a little for my browser to load. As for my SmartBro connection, it is still up here though. Hindi ko pa napaputol so I have two internet connection at home.
2.) Another happy gift for myself. The laptop I order has arrived. It is an ACER brand - "Aspire 4530". Though it didn't have the fingerprint reader feature as I have ordered (naubusan na sila ng stocks, limited lang pala yung feature) I am happy with my new gadget. Here's a short overview of my laptop's specs as I have upgraded all of the stuffs I can upgrade:
- AMD Turion™ X2 Ultra Dual Core ZM-82 (2.2GHz, 2Mb Cache, 800MHz FSB)
- NVIDIA® nForce® MCP77MH Chipset
- 4.0Gb DDR2 800MHz
- 14.1in. WXGA TFT LCD(1200x800)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 9100M G integrated 3D graphics with up to 752Mb of Turbo Cache™
- 500 GB SATA HDD
- Multimedia Dolby Digital Surround Sound Effects
- Mobility Radeon HD 3000 series GPU on 55 nm process
- Wireless IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n mini-PCIe Wi-Fi adapter
- Built-in 5-in-1 Card Reader
- Built-in Intel Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wireless Connection
- Built in Super Multi DVD Double Layer Drive
- 2.4Kgs. (5.29 lbs)
- 6 Cells (3.0-Hours battery life)
- >> PowerXpress
- >> Hybrid hard drives support
- >> HyperFlash - memory modules on motherboard with ReadyBoost support
- >> DisplayPort, HyperTransport 3.0 and PCI Express 2.0 support
- >> DDR2-800 SO-DIMM
- >> Desktop and mobile Architecture for System Hardware (DASH) 1.0 support (DASH page)
- >> Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support.
3.) At long last, I am now back to gyming. A friend invited me and she's very persistent and she needs company so I'm finally back. I just started recently in Holiday Gym and Spa (or Metro Lifestyle - really depends on her). I later that day I found out that I am 3 pounds overweight so I guess I have no choice (or I really do. ^_^) but to stick my butt back to the treadmill.
4.) Fixed my attitude towards work. I have been trying to change the bad habits towards work so far I am doing well. I don't want to lose my job (I quite like my current job right now) so I have to work my butt off. ^_^x
I think these are the major things that happened in my absence to the blogging world. Hopefully I'd be able to manage my time better and make blogging a habit from then one. Wish me luck. ^_~
Already widely publicized, this story still continues to make our hearts flutter. This is proof that animals do actually have the capability to love. :)
Two weeks ago, several PLDT MyDsl agents are having their door-to-door advertisement for their product. You can see several of their vans in our village roaming around with agents knocking on every door. We are also visited by an agent. "She" (He's a She - Shokla) offers her products and because I heard good things about PLDT thru a friend of mine. I was enticed to subscribe. Another thing is that I need to have a stable connection for my work by which Smartbro faithfuly served me up until lately when I often had connection problems.
Anyways, The process was kinda easy. If you have an existing landline, you can just present 2 valid IDs and fill-up the form and the application will be processed. I was told that the procees will take 2-3 business days for approval then another 2-3 business days for installation with a maximum of a week to complete the installation of the connection.
So I waited for a week and then plans to contact the agent who serves our application to their higher ups. But before that I called the Customer hotline of MyDsl to check. Apparently, I'm quite alarmed. There's no record of my application in their system. It was a week ago, I told the CSR. They said that it might have been with the agents end at fault. So I contacted the agent and a few hrs later "She" called. I told her about it and "She" said that the application is still pending. FTW! My application pending on their desks? And becoming sitting ducks? WTH! "She" said that they'll contact us and give it another week to process the application. And I gave up, since there's nothing I could do unless give that b*tch a tongue-lash for a change.
Then Here am I, a week after, and 2 weeks after I filled up the application, Has just finished talking to one of the CSR in their MyDsl Hotline. I learned that my application is DEACTIVATED because there's no slot/port available. WTF! What are those agents doing in our village?? Offering their promising products then could give them to their consumers. We were even asked to wait for an available port in our area. There could have been a number of us waiting. I must say, that's a very unwise move and to add, a bit RUDE in their part. "Naniniguro lang sila ng clients!" They don't really give a damn care about their "newly acquired consumers of their products" who is waiting and waiting and waiting... tapos wala rin naman pala. "Kung hindi pa ako tumawag at nagtanong sa HOTLINE nila in, hindi ko pa malalaman na ang rami pala naming nag aabang na may mabakanteng PORT sa aming lugar." It really pissed me off that they left our house with our application forms and leaving their promises that in a maximum of a week, we can have the product we applied for. I guess I'll be sticking my butt to SMB and won't give my hopes high on MyDsl.
2 Thumbs Down!!!
You can download the word format of the top performing schools that took the NLE last November 29-30, 2008.
-- > CLICK HERE to Download
To view the Top 10 examinees, check my previous posts.
To view the Passers List, check my previous posts.
CONGRATULATIONS! KUDOS! 1. JOVIE ANN ALAWAS DECOYNA - BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY 2. JOHN PATRICK MORALES DIMARUCOT - CENTRAL LUZON DOCTOR'S HOSPITAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE. 3. GIAN KARLO TIMOG KUSI - BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY 4. FLORINA CONDE CORPUZ - SAINT DOMINIC SAVIO COLLEGE 5. ROBERTO MADRONA ASUNCION - ARELLANO UNIVERSITY - PASAY CITY 6. GERONIMO CARILLO BURCE JR. - MABINI COLLEGE 7. KATRINA ANDREA PAGDANGANAN ARCEO - NUEVA ECIJA COLLEGE 9. MARY JUREM QUILAR ALCARDE - CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY 10. JAMES ALTURA BAGUIO - SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY
ERYCAR DEL MUNDO MANAOIS - PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA
ANGELICA AUBREY PANTIG MORLA - FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY MANILA
JAMIE ANNE TOLENTINO TINIO - ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
IRISA KRIYA TURAJA BIAG - SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY
MIGUELA MACUTO GABISAN - CEBU NORMAL UNIVERSITY (CEBU STATE COLLEGE)
EDITA TE LIM - ARRIESGADO COLLEGE FOUNDATION INC.
ROSARIO LEI MOSQUEDA PASIMIO - XAVIER UNIVERSITY
ELAINE GRACE ESPERANCILLA PRAILE - SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY - ILOILO
CATHERINE DURAN REYES - OUR LADY OF FATIMA COLLEGE - QC
JOANNE MAE FRANCISCO EVANGELISTA - SAN BEDA COLLEGE
CHRISTOPHER ALVARES IRORITA - SAN PEDRO COLLEGE - DAVAO CITY
PAUL DELFIN REYES JAMIRO - FATHER SATURNINO URIOS UNIVERITY
HAZEL JOY AMARILLO JIMENEZ - UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS
MA. CONCEPCION ASHLEY DELIZO MAPAGU - SAINT LOUIS UNIVERISTY
MARIA CECILIA CASTILLO NAVATA - CANOSSA COLLEGE
FRANCIS IAN SABANAL PASCUAL - UNIVERSIDAD DE ZAMBOANGA (ZAEC)
GEORGE GARCIA VEGA JR. - UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS - TUGUEGARAO
ROSE JEAN DUMABOC CAPIDLAC - SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY
CARLA MAE TENORIO CUISIA - SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY
MARY ANN ALVAREZ GARING - LYCEUM OF BATANGAS
MA. JOYA JIMENEA GENZOLA - COLEGIO DE SAN AGUSTIN-BACOLOD CITY
ROSE ANNE MIRANDA MUNGCAL-ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
PRETZEL ESTREMOS VICENCIO-BUTUAN DOCTORS COLLEGE (BUTUAN DR. HSP. SCH. OF NURSING)
FAYE STEPHANIE YAO YU - REMEDIOS T. ROMUALDEZ MEDICAL FOUNDATION
8. LYLANI MUTYA BALOTE UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI
JAMAICCA RABULAN BANTING - DAVAO DOCTORS COLLEGE, INC.
GARRY JAY AVELINO DELFIN - ILOILO DOCTORS' COLLEGE
JOSEPHINE CELOSO ELVAS FILAMER CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
VANITO DIOCSON ILANGA JR. - SULTAN KUDARAT EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
MARIA EDNA CHARISE GODOY JAVA MISAMIS UNIVERSITY - OZAMIZ CITY
HANNAH LEE ALDE PADILLA UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN
BRYAN MORELLA PERALTA - UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI
ROBINSON UY KAW SING - ILOILO DOCTORS' COLLEGE
RUEL BOBADILLA ARZADON - SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
KARINA GENCIANE BANAYAT - OUR LADY OF FATIMA COLLEGE-QC
RYAN DANIEL RIVERA DABLO - UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS
MATTHEW WAYNE REAL CHANG - SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY 86.60
FRITZIE QUIATZON DELA RAGA - FELLOWSHIP BAPTIST COLLEGE
HIROMI BALAGUER FERNANDEZ - SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY - ILOILO
JOSEPHINE FRANZ PAGULAYAN GAMMAD - SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO
PAUL FABIAN ROBOSA GUMABAO - ARELLANO UNIVERSITY-MANILA
MAILA CARL MAJAM MORANTTE - COLEGIO DE STA. LOURDES OF LEYTE FOUNDATION, INC.
MICHAEL DOROTHY FRANCES GAER MONTOJO - ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY
CINDY MAE ALVAREZ NAÑOZ - ATENEO DE ZAMBOANGA
GLENDA MAE MACAPAL OMAÑA - RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
RHEA JHOY PADINAY PANTALEON - SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
ROLLY MENDOZA POLICARPIO - ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
ARLETTE CASTILLO QUINAN - UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS-TUGUEGARAO
CRYSTAL MAE ABEJUELA SABELA - XAVIER UNIVERSITY
KATRINA ISABEL HUGO SANTOS - PHILIPPINE WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY-QUEZON CITY
SHIELLA MARIE GAMBOA SIMPLINA - SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
MILJOYCE DALIGDIG CABATBAT - LYCEUM NORTHWESTERN
SARAH MAE CLEMENTE CAPULONG - ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
JOHCY ANGELEME FAUSTO DE LA FUENTE - CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY
RENANTE LAZARTE DIG-AOAN - BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
JAKE DESOR DIPUTADO - SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY
MARJORY BOQUIA EMPERIO - MISAMIS UNIVERSITY-OZAMIZ CITY
MARISSA RAPOSAS FERRER - LYCEUM NORTHWESTERN -
ERIKA BAUTISTA GALANG - CENTRAL LUZON DOCTOR'S HOSPITAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE
FRANCIS GERWIN UY JALIPA - SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY
ANGELA GILDA BALTAZAR MENCIAS - UNCIANO COLLEGES & GENERAL HOSPITAL-MANILA
CARINA YABUT PACETE - OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-VALENZUELA
JOY JENELYNN CHUA TAN - UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
FRANCIS DOLLENTE VILLANUEVA - SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO
1. JOVIE ANN ALAWAS DECOYNA - BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
2. JOHN PATRICK MORALES DIMARUCOT - CENTRAL LUZON DOCTOR'S HOSPITAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE.
3. GIAN KARLO TIMOG KUSI - BAGUIO CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
4. FLORINA CONDE CORPUZ - SAINT DOMINIC SAVIO COLLEGE
5. ROBERTO MADRONA ASUNCION - ARELLANO UNIVERSITY - PASAY CITY
6. GERONIMO CARILLO BURCE JR. - MABINI COLLEGE
7. KATRINA ANDREA PAGDANGANAN ARCEO - NUEVA ECIJA COLLEGE
9. MARY JUREM QUILAR ALCARDE - CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY
10. JAMES ALTURA BAGUIO - SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY
A total of 39,455 or 44.51% out of 88,649 examinees that took the November 2008 Nursing Board passed the exam according to the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC).
Jovie Ann Alawas Decoyna of Baguio Central University is this year’s topnotch. Decoyna scored 89 percent according to the report.
I will be sharing where you can see or get a copy of the rest of the list once the PRC finalized the list.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Edit: You can check updates in these sites:
Edit: The list of exam takers that passed can be download here:
WARNING : THE LIST IS 790 PAGES. [ Around 2MB ]
Congratulations to my sister and cousin! For passing the Nurse Li censure Examination that took place last November, 2008.
NOTE TO VIEW WITHOUT DOWNLOADING, PLEASE CHOOSE THE TEXT FILE FORMAT
** A read from a highschool classmate's blog that I accidentally come across into.**
The line seemed to stretch back forever. Hundreds of millions of souls, waiting patiently for their turn before the throne. The date... Well, the day is Judgment Day, so you won't find it on any calendar. The queue of people winds its way down the mountain, through the valley and off into the far distance. Everybody in the queue can see the final destination at the mountain peak. A hundred miles away, they can see it perfectly clearly. And they wait, moving forward a couple of steps at a time. Towards God, and the Decision.
At the head of the we find a young Christian, wearing an expression of awe and joy. Behind him, an atheist, looking slightly astonished, examining a leaf she has picked from a nearby bush, trying to decide if it is real or not. Heaven, she thinks, should be whiter, with more dry ice swirling about; not look like a Welsh hillside on a hot day.
The Christian steps forward for judgment.
"Hello Martin". God's voice is calm and gentle as He speaks.
"Erm.. Hello. Lord". Martin's voice is nervous, as a dozen emotions fight for room in his mind at once.
"This is it. This is where I decide what shall happen to you, Martin. In life, you were a Christian". It was a statement, not a question.
"I was, Lord. I still am. I have been all my life. I have dedicated myself to your service."
"Tell me, Martin. Why were you a Christian? Why did you believe in me?"
"Why? Well... Because you are God! I've always believed in you."
"That is not what I want to know. Why did you believe?"
"Because I knew it was true. You were always there for me. You helped me through the bad times. You answered my prayers. You gave me the strength and courage to get through life. I could feel your presence with me all the time."
"I said no, Martin. I have never helped you. You seemed to be doing perfectly alright by yourself. I heard your prayers, but never answered a single one. Your belief in me definitely helped you on occasion, but I have never intervened in your life. Certainly, you gave me credit for all the good times, but they were your own doing, not mine. You did not feel my presence, because it cannot be felt. The only actual proof you have that I exist at all is here and now. Again, tell me why you believed."
"I.. I had faith, Lord. Since I was a child I have been to church, prayed and sang every Sunday. My faith in you never wavered. Even when my mother died, I had faith that it was your will, that it was a blessing from you that she passed peacefully. I was raised to believe in you, and as I grew I read the Bible for myself, and learnt of your miracles, and all the saints and martyrs, and the good done in your name. I read the works of great philosophers and they merely strengthened my faith. I knew it was true. "
"No, Martin. Your mother died of natural causes, and she died peacefully because of the actions of the hospital. I watched and saw, but that is all. As for the rest - the saints, martyrs and philosophers had similar reasons for their belief in me, just as dictators and murderers have had. People have done great good and great harm in my name, and in the names of a thousand false gods. The Bible was written about me, not by me, and was written by people who had similar reasons as you for their belief, just as a thousand other Holy Books have been written about the false gods, or different versions of myself. I ask for the third and final time. Why did you believe in me?"
Martin looked shocked and ashen, but pulled himself together. His Lord was testing him, and he had lived his entire life for this moment.
"I believed because I could feel in my heart it was true. You sent your son to die for us, and I gladly accepted Him as my saviour. I.. I just knew it was true, and now that I see you, my faith has been vindicated. I no longer need to believe - I can see for myself the truth and majesty of my religion."
Quietly, God spoke again. "Martin, you have impressed me". He paused.
"But... not enough. You believe because you were taught to believe. You believe because you mistakenly attribute to me anything positive that has happened in your life, and discount anything negative. You believe because it is comforting to believe, and because you are frightened of the consequences of my not existing. You believe because... you believe. I'm sorry, Martin, but there is no place for you here."
God gestured briefly with his fingers, and Martin vanished. His shadow lingered where he had stood, fading rapidly to nothingness.
The atheist, somewhat shaken by what she had just seen, stepped forward.
"Hello Eve. I like that name."
"Ah. Hello, God. Thanks", said Eve, not entirely sure how to address a being she had, until now, considered fictional.
"Yes, you may call me God. Eve, in life you were an atheist. You doubted my existence, even objecting to the very concept". Again, a statement, not a question.
"Yes, I did. Clearly, I was mistaken."
"Clearly. Tell me, are you still an atheist?"
"I suppose not. I'm not a Christian, Jew or anything else. I guess I'd have to be called an involuntary theist. Ah ha ha", Eve laughed nervously, hoping the very real and solid-looking deity before her had a good sense of humour.
"Mmm... Tell me, Eve. Why did you not believe in me?". God's voice was kind and gentle once more.
"At one point I did. I was raised as a Christian, and often went to church, and prayed every night before bed. When I was feeling down I would read the Bible. The act of reading it seemed to comfort me, even though the words themselves didn't seem much help. I think, like Martin, I believed because I believed."
"And then you lost your faith? You decided I did not exist, and you knew better than those around you? You knew better than your pastor and family?" The voice was losing its kindly edge a little.
"That is one way of looking at it, yes. What I believed did not seem to fit with other things I knew. The Bible clearly could not be literally true, word for word. I knew from biology and paleontology that humans had evolved like all other life, and were not special creations. How life or the universe began, I still don't know, but could not just merely accept 'God did it' as an explanation. I learned about other religions, and how they all claimed a monopoly on truth, happiness and morality. I saw the good done in your name, but I also saw the oppression, genocide and wars. I saw that if people were in need, it was up to us to deal with it, not to rely on heavenly aid.". Eve felt a little braver, but was expecting the traditional thunderbolt any moment. The people behind her, now at the head of the queue, were slowly moving backwards, trying not to draw attention to themselves.
"Yet here you are, before your God, on the final Day of Judgment. Why should I allow you in - a heretic, a disbeliever, an infidel - when your predecessor, devout and faithful, full of love for me, was consigned to Oblivion? Tell me why. Justify your entry to my Paradise."
Eve straightened up, looking God in the face. "Why should you let me in? Because I am better person than you."
If Eve had looked round, she would have seen the entire line of souls, perfectly still and wide-eyed, staring at her in shock.
"What did you say?", enquired God. His voice, though barely audible, caused tremors in the mountain.
Surprised at still being alive, her mouth dry, Eve continued. "I said, because I am a better person. You have shown it yourself already. You told Martin that you watched as his mother became ill and died. You destroyed him for believing for no good reason, when his whole life had been shaped by that belief. Your preachers on Earth encourage unquestioning faith, yet you do not tell us whether that is what you want. You give people no rational basis for belief, and then when they make up their own that is not good enough for you. You listen to our prayers, yet do not answer, leaving people to rationalise events for themselves. People kill and slaughter over trivial differences in doctrine, and you look on. In the churches and temples raised in your glory, children are mentally and physically abused - in your so-called House! All over the world, throughout history, people have murdered each other for believing the wrong thing about God, for believing in the wrong God, or for not believing in any God. The poorest and most helpless people are relentlessly targeted, being told to give what little they have now, for the promise of eternal bliss later. When a person is at his lowest ebb, that is when the smiling missionaries appear, knowing that his life will probably get better naturally and they can give you the credit. In your name, the ends justify the means as long as souls are saved". Eve paused for breath, and continued.
"And you? All-powerful, all-loving, all-knowing? You just sit here and you watch it all... Any person in this line, had they your power, would show greater compassion and morality. You may be God, but you are far from Godliness."
God smiled. "Are you finished? Good. Eve, you have impressed me". He paused. Eve held her breath, shoulders tensing.
"You have impressed me a great deal. You may have believed in me for all the wrong reasons, but you disbelieved for the right reasons. You led a good life, and used the intelligence I give to everybody in the correct way. Even though you came to a conclusion about me that was hopelessly wrong, you came to it in a way that cannot be faulted. You may pass into paradise, Eve, with my blessing."
Eve did not step forward. Instead, she spoke once more. "No, I will not".
"No? You refuse Heaven? You defy my will?" The smile had left God's face again.
"Do you think I would want to spend one more minute, let alone eternity, in your company? You allow people to suffer, sometimes for their entire lives, for no purpose, and then judge them on their reaction. You hide yourself from the world and allow your creations to persecute each other over differing interpretations of the lack of evidence. You see all the pain and ignorance caused in your name, and just sit there as this queue grows daily? And then you have the audacity to punish good people for believing in you 'for the wrong reasons'?"
"Eve. Enough of this. The gates to Paradise are open to you. Be silent now, and enter."
"No. If it is a choice between oblivion and an eternity with a monster like you, I gladly choose oblivion. I ask only one thing, before you destroy me."
"And what is that?" asked God, getting impatient.
"That, if you can, you look me in the eyes as you do it."
Shortly afterwards, the next person in the queue stepped towards the top of the mountain, and Judgment.
Edit: I read this article late in the afternoon. But it kept me thinking about this read up until night. Somewhere in the article, it tries to teach of me of something. That's when I shared this to a friend in Y!M and she said something about arrogance over own beliefs and understanding of how God wants us to be. And she mention about that how Lucifer became the fallen angel. After that, It became clear to me.
This was a very busy day for me. I woke up early to look for my personal documents that I need for opening an account in BPI (Bank of the Philippine Island). I never thought I’d need those IDs to open up an account. Found the things I need and I went to check if my mother’s in her office to ask where the convenient branch is. She told me it would be in SM Davao. I never knew there’s a BPI branch there. Found out later that it was in the back of SM, no wonder I didn’t noticed. I entered the premises talk to a nice lady and filled up the application form. Just my luck, she told me that I need to pass two 1x1 pictures to go with the form so hunt SM stores for a photo center. Lito Sy is so expensive to me for a 1x1 snapshot. Found Picture City the perfect spot for me. They offered plenty of good stuffs – Packages ranging from any photo dimensions for just 60 pesos. I paid the fee and had my “mug”shots. I need to wait for 25 minutes to get them. After I got them went back to the cute lady and finished filing the form. It was a little early if I go home so I decided to watch Underworld. Then after went to eat dinner by myself and went home exhausted. Later that night while working I felt dizzy and hot and had headaches. So I called in to my manager that I won’t finish my shift and will rest. I never noticed but I knew I went off to wonderland as soon as I hit the sack.
** You might be wondering, I happen to write this quick post before hitting the sack. LOL **
I came across this article or rather it's a note in FB from a friend and HS classmate - Rayray C.
Read on... Don't forget to leave a comment? :-P
All men have sex in their minds. It's a universal truth. But to tell you frankly girls, it's not really our fault. God made us with high testosterone levels and our genes command us to act this way. If this isn't our natural tendency, then how would the human race procreate? It's a man's nature to be "malibog" kaya wag niyo kamingsisisihin kung madalas kami humingi ng sex. Its our balls that command us, and not our brains.
Dont ask me questions and I won't tell you lies. This is true, you know. Meron kasing mga bagay na hindi namin kayang I-share sa mga gf/asawa namin kaya nakakapagsinungaling kami, kasi pinipilit kaming sumagot sa mga bagay na ayaw naming sagutin. We try to hide things and if we cant hide it anymore, we lie. This tactic is perfected thru time kaya iyung ibang guys eh medyo natural na sa kanila ang mag-lie. Remember, we value our privacy and would rather lie than sacrifice losing it.
3. I'm the MAN!
We must have this feeling that we are in control. Ayaw naming me kumander kami, iyung me nag-cocommand sa amin. (We are open to suggestions, though). And one more thing... if we say that we are not lost, We are not lost! Trust us. Don't you know that us guys eventually find our way. Girls really don't realize this but we hate it when our egos are bruised. RESPECT your man. Women take this thing for granted. Alam nyo, pag paulit-ulit nagawa ito ng babae, naghahanap kami ng ibang babae. Why? 'Cause this is the easiest way for us to boost our egos again.
We stick with our friends. We must have time with our buddies you know? Its not everyday that only the gf/wife gets our time. We always have the need to do those "boys night out" stuff. The feeling is different when you are with your buddies and when you are with your gf/wife. Babalik rin naman kami sa inyo e. Sigurado yan. Pag hindi kami bumalik...may mali kayo sa # 3.
Sometimes, we are just plain quiet. This scenario happens all the time: GF/wife asks the bf/husband why he is quiet, the bf/husband says "nothing", then the gf/wife insists there's something wrong, when there is really not. Tapos, away na. Actually girls, we are not as chatty as you are, even with our buddies. Do you notice that we sometimes just nod at each other and still understand each other? We like being quiet sometimes. That's just it.
All women are malambing. It's a universal truth. But to tell you frankly guys, it's not really our fault. Kasi u guys sometimes forget to make pansin your gf's e. if we are not malambing then how would the human race procreate? It's a woman's nature to be "malambing" kaya wag niyo kaming sisisihin kung madalas kami maging mushy. Do you ever imagine kung puro guys nalang ang mundo! Nothing will ever balance it around. A classic example: Diba pag may nag susuntukan na 2 guys, pag guys din ang umaawat between them sobrang gusto pang kumawala ng nagaaway na guys... pero pag girl ang umaawat... nag te-tame silang mga guys... Kase women balance the WORLD! That is how God made us.
This is true, you know. Meron kasing mga bagay na hindi naming kayang itago. masyado kaming ma-emote. We try to hide things and if we cant hide it anymore, we literally explode! Madrama kami. This tactic is perfected thru time kaya iyung ibang girls eh medyo natural na sakanila ang magdrama. Masyado kaming concentrated sa love. Diba...majority of guys are so not into this type, they feel na a man should act li ke a man! Pero hello... guys wonder so much kase why girls can hold hands together straight girls, ok!) without feeling insecure but straight men can't! - WHY??? kase you guys always want to keep your ego oozing out like hell! You should definitely feel us to really know us, y'know!
3. I'm your girl!
We must have this feeling that we always have your attention. Ayaw naming me kahati kami. Ayaw naming me kahati kami. Got that?
We want to be treated like a baby. You must have time for us. Wag laging barkada. We always have the need to have those "romantic nights". Its such a different feeling being with your bf. Because we get to cuddle, kiss, hug.... Kase kayong guys always want to have more babies even big, sexy babies!... and you reason out na its human nature for you to procreate???? come on!
We are sumtimes just plain makulet. This scenario happens all the time: gf asks the bf why he is quiet, the bf says "nothing", then the gf says there's sumthing wrong, the gf insists that there is sumthing wrong when there is really not until a word war comes out. Pero baket naman nga you can’t reason out why you're so quiet. The world knows guys are one-track-minded daw. Unlike women where we can't really decide and frequently change our minds at the last minute... then if you say nothing...then why do you act so different! THERE REALLY IS SOMETHING... the trick here guys: just reason out something different from the real reason why you feel that way... you 'know! you're good naman in making excuses e diba? e di no away na... Actually guys, we are not as lame and quiet as you are. Even with our buddies, can you notice that we sometimes just cant stop talkin? We like chattin even when there's really nothing to be said... like now.;) Read More
Yikes! I've been tag by my ever dearest mareng Shynne. It's my first time so Mareng Shynne, breaking ka ha! hehehe... here are the rules for the 'Birthday Wish' tag:
- Make a list of what you want on your birthday
- The list should be 10 numbers
- Post the image of this award in your posting
- Give it to 10 friends of yours.
- God - that I may be more closer to Him and do everything for His glory
- Health - A long and lasting good health not only to me, my family and also to my love ones and friends
- Family - That my family will have a strong and lasting bond and that it may become more stronger as days pass by
- Career - That I may have a stable and lasting career(can also be business) and of course I have to work hard for it. Need to mention have to have discipline in work. :P
- Lovelife - Who said I don't need one? Serves me as my confidant, inspiration and bond - not to mention other cute stuffs. (:
- Friends - That I may have stronger bonds with my current friends and more friends to come.
- Peace - Peace not only in our world and it's conflicts but only the conflicts in everyone's hearts.
- Love - That love will be in everyone's mind, heart and soul. Spread love, love = happy life. Corny noh? but true!
- Blessings - Who said it's selfish to asks for more from Him? I need more blessings today than yesterday. You can always asks for yours too.
- Material Things - hahaha... my wants and desires. Do I need to mention? Ok - Super fast computer and laptop (take note dalawa yan) Ipod, Mobile Drive, Multipurpose Phone and Knowledge (I need more knowledge - this isn't material but what'd'heck I care.)
And it's my turn to tag you now. I'm tagging you people - Thyron, Mario, Dirk, Nina, Shiriel, Nicole, AlRitch, Shynne, Jhonaville, Mara
-Ciel Bleu- Read More
Late last year, a global economic crisis was felt. Many countries were affected by the impact of the situation. Even 1st-world countries was not an exception. In US, many businesses closed down because of increasing losses and the continuing financial instability. Until now the effects are still seen. Not even businesses were affected, even the labor forces. Up until now, unemployment rate rises dramatically over the world.
As quoted from the bizjournal.com's - article:
For the first time in more than a generation, every state in the union saw its unemployment rate rise last month. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor and Statistics, all 50 states and the District of Columbia recorded unemployment rate increases compared with the previous month and the prior year.
December marked the first time every state recorded a rise in monthly unemployment since the bureau began keeping such records in 1976.
In Texas, the unemployment rate was at 4.2 percent in December of 2007, 5.7 percent in November of 2008 and 6 percent last month.
Michigan and Rhode Island once again led the nation with the highest jobless rates at 10.6 percent and 10 percent respectively. Rhode Island’s rate is the highest in more than three decades. Arizona dropped 12,400 jobs in December and saw its unemployment rate rise to 6.9 percent.
The national unemployment rate rose to 7.2 percent in December, up from 6.8 percent the previous month and from 4.9 percent a year earlier.
Increasing rate of unemployment presents a major challenge for the government. O ne of this is the increase demand of welfare programs because of the consequences of poverty and in equality resulting from high unemployment.
Let us then focus in the Philippine setting. Where does the Philippine stands in this situation? Is our government capable of protecting it's citizens from this crisis?
But I still hope that everything will fall in their rightful places. Hopefully our leaders, the leaders we put our trusts to alleviate the country's long list of problems will stop their never-ending, head-on collisions with other leaders. Hopefully we'd be able to solve or even alleviate the problems caused by this crisis.
I want to share this wonderful read made by my shobe Shii. A very splendid work indeed. Made me realize the worth of the message it is sharing. ^_^
by Shiriel Magalong
I am a woman, created to love a man.
People would usually ask me,
"Why don't you have a boyfriend?"
My answer varies, though concludes to one point,
One point into which the world barely understands.
This answer i would always point out,
"I want to become the best woman i could be...
Before i would finally meet 'him'..."
A confused face they'd always reply.
"Why don't you try? You're at the right age."
But they don't understand my point,
It's not about the age, but the maturity of the heart.
Age can never pass for maturity.
"Why don't you try dating? To know some guys."
They always think of the 'dating game'
But i don't want to be a busy bee,
that goes from one flower to another.
"I think you're just scared."
I'm just preserving my purity,
To give to the one, giving the best of me,
For I want my very first to be my last.
"Just get some experience."
And what? Fall for the devils trap?
No way man! I'm not into games,
Love is a serious thing, i consider as a sacred gift.
"You're Just paranoid, you're TOO careful, you're just weak."
Paranoid I am not, but weak I am,
but so what? At least I'm not the one in tears.
I know my limits, my weakness is my shield.
"I can't wait for you that long, why can't it be now?"
If you can't wait for me for just several years
What more if we are together forever?
I am not some toy that could be easily exchanged.
"What if you find another guy better than I?"
Then be the best man you could ever be,
while i do the same, and if i choose someone else,
At least you became a better man.
"Can I wait for you?"
Easy to say, but hard to do.
Waiting is not an easy task,
but if you can do it, what more could i ask?:)
"What do you look for a guy?"
Sincerity is all i need,
Trust is a must in every promise,
but mostly a heart that puts God first before me.
My pit stop ends here,
time to get back on track,
and leave these questions and thoughts behind,
moving forward and never looking back.
For i am still on the journey,
Of being the best woman i can be,
For the man who deserves my love,
For all eternity.
Just started a new blog - Reviews in my Head. I intend to put my movie and anime reviews and updates in that blog. To start with I posted a welcome message and a review on the movie I watched this morning.
Hopefully I would be able to keep up with having two blogs now. I was a little bit lazy updating my blog last year so this will be a great challenge for me to be updating two blogs. Though I am not new in blogging, I am still new in blogging community, increasing traffics, technorati, blog catalog, mybloglog, and other new stuffs that emerges and change blogging. I hope I could learn those things so that I can improve my blog. Of course, any criticisms and comments will be appreciated and will be looked into for points for improvements. So much to learn, and as the saying goes, there's alwasy room for improvements.
Happy Chinese New Year to my Chinese and non-Chinese friends!!!
Let us all together welcome the Year of the Ox. I hope that whatever is in store for us this year, good or bad sad or happy we will all together pass them all through. Let us all hope that we will have a prosperous, abundant and joyous year this year.
To all my Chinese friends, thank you for the 'Tikoy'. We don't know how to cook or eat it so I guess I'll have to ask you later for juicy advices. Until here.
Happy New Year everyone! Kong Hei Fat Choy!
If you are using any of these shopping carts - osCommerce, osCMax, CRE Loaded, Magento or Zen Cart; then you can have a better-looking, catchy and loaded with cool add-ons that help shopping online a breeze with the help of AlgoZone Inc.
So what are you waiting for? Gear up and head to AlgoZone website by clicking here and make your e-business a breeze for clients.
I just made up my mind. I'm giving paid blogging a shot. I was inspired by a friend to write and while writing, is earning. Isn't that cool? She even earned much by just blogging and I am so envious of her.
I never write when my mind does not have anything to talk about to. Even if there is - Sports, Music, Movies, Literature, or Personal, it will not matter unless there's this urgency and need to write something or voice something out. I always had my own views in each information I came across to but I don't know if it is worth putting in my blog. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
Writing is not new to me anymore. I used to write poems and short stories in my early days. I even got a notebook or two filled with short poems and scribbled short stories. I even collected quotes. Hahaha... those were the days.
For me, blogging is just an outlet. I voice out my opinion on something in blogging but not that often. Hopefully I can practice my writing by this decision I made. Money does not really matter but earning while doing what you like - your hobby is not a bad thing either.
As of now, I'm planning to write blogs that involved in Movie & Anime Reviews, IT related news and tutorials, and Point of Views (Personal and Public) in certain topics. I hope I can do it.
Yesterday while I was strolling on the grounds of Victoria Plaza while waiting for a friend to arrive, a young 'yagit' (kung tawagin pa nila) girl surprised me. I was about to make her go away when she hesitatingly said and at the same time pushing her hands in front of me:
"Uncle, do you have any change to spare? I don't have any to buy food. I am so hungry."
I was a bit surprised and a little irritated because of calling me "Kol". But then I stop amidst what I would have done as usual - particular situation is not the same as any other situations where I'll just pretend I don't see or hear anybody. I then managed to stare at her. She's carrying a heavy-looking backpack and I noticed her blouse and skirts are dirtier as if it was her only uniform and doesn't have a spare. Her hair is a little ruffly and looks uncombed for days.
But then I was a little bit more distracted by the look in her eyes. The eyes of not just pain, poverty, weary, shame or any whatelseses. It's the look of HOPE. Maybe she's hoping not just that I give her something, it could be the hope of a new better life. I saw hope - a faint one. And I was then baffled thus putting me in deep thoughts.
I gave her all the coins that I could find in my pockets and watched her as she walks away feeling contented as if she's able for the day - that what I gave her is enough to make it through until the next time she will go out again and hope and ask for somebody else for baon again.
I got me wondering if I were in her shoes, what will I do. Will I be like her? Can I be that courageous? or will I falter and be ashamed?
As I walked out of the vicinity of the place and while in the taxi with my friend, I can't helped but think how lucky I am to live without having to beg, without having to walk and hope that what I get will make me through until the next time. How fortunate am I compared to her who at the early age has to strive and put extra effort each day.
That's why whenever I tend to do something that seems a little out of bounds and tend to be lazy. I'll just think of that little girl who at the early age is learning the walks of life the hard way. I hope and pray that that girl will have something good this year. And by the end of day, that little 'yagit' girl inspires me.
Grabbed from Dirk's blog.
Nag enjoy akong bumasa neto. Tama nga sila, dumaan nga ako sa pagiging bata. Haha. Ang kulit!
• Masaya ka kapag naglalaro ka ng Tex at Pog. Kadalasan ang design dito ay yung mga palabas sa TV, mga drama o kaya anime, may dialogue pa. lol.
• May comics pa ang bazooka. Kahit di mo maintindihan yung Fortune Cookie sa huli ay collection mo pa rin yun.
• Uso pa yung tirador, yung gawa talaga sa sanga ng puno.
• Ang mga babae naglalaro ng paper dolls na tigpipiso bawat isang set sa sari-sari store.
• Kung lalake ka, siguradong may pellet gun ka.
• Humihingi ka ng dalawang piso sa magulang mo para maglaro ng video arcade sa sari-sari store. Favorite mo yung Sonic, Mario at Street Fighter at Tetris.
• Nagwa-watusi ka kapag New Year kahit pinapagalitan ka ng nanay mo. ]
• Meron kang sapatos na umiilaw yung swelas kapag iniaapak mo. Mas sikat kung iba-iba yung kulay.
• Merong at least isang Chicago Bulls na shirt sa bahay nyo. Madalas number 23 pa yung nakalagay.
• Pinapatulog ka ng yaya/nanay mo tuwing tanghali o hapon para raw lumaki. Hindi na kasi pinapatulog ang mga bata ngayon tuwing tanghali di tulad nung panahon natin.
• Sinasabihan ka ng matatanda na may lalabas na pari o bigas sa sugat mo kapag hindi nilagyan ng alcohol pero in the end, betadine lang ang magpapatahimik sa inyo.
• Kung babae ka, nagkaroon ka ng butterfly hairclips/rings. ( si Jolina ang nagpauso nito.) haha.
• Kung medyo may pera ang pamilya nyo, nagpabili ka ng Polly Pocket.
• Naglalagay ka ng Kisses (yung mabango) sa pencil case mo, o kaya sa isang lalagyan na may bulak, alcohol at tinutusok ng karayom para mabilis manganak.
• May free stickers ng Disney movies sa loob ng Maggi noodles.
• Pinapatunog mo yung takip ng Gatorade.
• Ang mga stationeries na uso: Papemelroti, Tsukuba, Sashikibuta. Pwedeng ibenta, pwedeng trade lang.
• Pampalipas oras mo dati ang paglalaro ng Brick Game, at swerte yung mga may advanced version na may tumatagos na blocks para mapuno na yung gap sa loob. Mas advanced ka kung Tamagotchi ang nilalaro mo. Pinapakain mo, pinapatulog mo, at inililibing mo kung namatay na. At kung talagang kaya nyong bumili, Game Boy ang sayo. Pero kung wala ka talaga, yung laruan na lang na may tubig sa loob tapos dapat ma-shoot mo yung mga bilog sa stick na maliit.
• Bago magsimula ang klase, nakikilaro ka muna sa 10-20, jackstone, langit lupa, ice water, taguan, dr. quack quack, tumbang preso, pepsi seven up at agawan base. Di bale nang madumi na ang uniform mo pagpasok ng classroom.
• Sinasabi mo sa kaklase mo na "Liars go to hell" kapag tingin mo nagsisinungaling sya. "Cross my heart, hope to die" kapag nangangako ka. "Period no erase" kapag gusto mo walang kumontra sayo. Kaya lang wala kang lusot kapag sinabi ng kaklase mo na "Akin yung factory ng pambura".
• Sikat ka pag ang pencil case mo nabubuksan sa dalawang side tapos maraming attachments like magnifying lens, book stand, compartments na maliliit tapos push button pa. Minsan sa ibabaw ng pencil case meron pang maze, may maliit na silver na bola tapos itatagilid mo yung pencil case para gumulong yun, hanggang sa matapos yung maze.
• Di ka baduy kung ang notebook mo nung elementary ay may mukha ng artista.
• Sa coolman mo inilalagay ang tubig na baon mo sa school.
• Nagpabili ka ng Baby-G sa magulang mo.
• Elementary ka nung nauso ang pager. Yun pa ang pinapangarap ng mga bata, hindi pa cell phone.
• Meron ka pa rin ng pinakamalaking cell phone na nakatago na ngayon sa mga kahon.
• Wala pang PS/PS2, XBox, Wii, atbp. noon. Family Computer pa lang, yung cartridge yung bala. Usong laro ang Mario Bros., Battle City at Rambo.
• Meron ka ng isa sa mga ito: Family Computer, Nintendo, Sega, roller blades, brick game, Tamagochi, Swatch Watch w/ matching guard, Troll collection.
• Alam mo ang mga linyang ito sa mga kanta: "Natatawa ako, hi hi hi hi", "Anong paki mo sa long hair ko", "Dahil sa bawal na gamot", "Mga kababayan ko, bilib ako sa kulay ko".
• Isa dito ay theme song mo: "I Swear" by All 4 One, "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes (And I say, Hey ey ey ey ey ey. I said hey, What's goin on!), "Zombie" by Cranberries.
• Sumasayaw ka ng Macarena.
• Alam mo ang kanta ng Spice Girls at may favorite ka sa kanila. Kung fan ka talaga, may poster ka pa at casette tape ka pa nila.
• Malamang ay naging fanatic ka ng isa sa mga sumikat na boy bands.
• Ang tinutugtog lagi sa radyo ay mga kanta ng mga banda gaya ng Eraserheads, Parokya ni Edgar nung nagpapalda pa lang sila, Alamid, Rivermaya, True Faith, The Youth, Afterimage at kung anu-ano pang pinoy bands.
• Tape pa ang uso, di CD or MP3 players. Pag gusto mo yung kanta kailangan tantyahin mo kung ilang seconds i-rewind yun para mabilis paulit-ulitin.
• Kinakanta nyo dati sa school yung "Heal the World", "Tell the World of His Love", "Jubilee Song", etc.
• Nanonood ka dati ng Power Rangers, Captain Planet o Ninja Turtles. Nagkukunyari pa kayo ng mga kaibigan mo na kayo yun at nagkakasipaan kayo.
• Di ka papagalitan ng magulang kahit magbabad ka sa TV, basta ang pinapanood mo ay Hiraya Manawari, Bayani at Sine Skwela, kung saan nakilala mo sila Teacher Waki, Ugat Puno, Palikpik, at ang buong barkada nila lalo na kapag nakasakay sila sa space ship o sa jeep na lumilipad.
• Sinubaybayan mo ang Ghost Fighter at ang Dragon Ball. Naging favorite mo si Eugene at si Goku.
• Niloloko mo yung theme song ng Voltes V kasi di mo maintindihan yung theme song: "Tato ni Ara Mina malaking cobra...", "Boltes Payb lima sila, pumunta sa kubeta...", "...Kontra Bulate!"
• Napanood mo din yung ibang anime tulad ng Shaider, Sailormoon, Daimos at Maskman. Saulo mo pa nga yung kanta dun: "Oh maskuman kayo ang pag-asa.. Iligtas kami sa marahas na kadiliman... Kami inyong ipaglaban! Sugod, sugod laban maskuman, ipaglaban nyo ang katarungan.. Sige, sige laban maskuman.."
• Sinubaybayan mo ang Sarah ang Munting Prinsesa, Julio at Julia, at Cedi. Pinanood mo pa nga yung movie version ng Sarah ang Munting Prinsesa with Camille Prats.
• Alam mo din yung "Ang Pulubi at ang Prinsesa" with Camille Prats and Angelica Panganiban.
• Gusto mong sumali sa ANG TV. Pero alam mong hindi na pwede. kaya kuntento ka na lang sa panonood nito tuwing 4:30 ng hapon.
• Batibot ang usong palabas. Akala mo nga mag-dyowa o mag-asawa sina Kuya Bodjie at Ate Sheena.
• Alam mo yung tono ng pinausong kanta ng show na "ATBP.": Isa.. dalawa-tatlo.. apat-lima.. anim-pito-walo.. syam-sampu... labingisa-labingdalawa... labingtatlo... labingapat-labinglima...
• Napanood mo ang Batang X.
• Sabay kayo nanonood ng yaya mo ng Marimar.
• Nanonood ka ng kahit alin dito: "Okay Ka Fairy Ko", "Oki Doki Doc", "Abangan ang Susunod na Kabanata", "Palibhasa Lalake", "Ober da Bakod", at "Home Along Da Riles"
• Galit ka kay Clara kasi sobra naman talaga sya mang-api kay Mara.
• Pinanood mo din yung "Villa Quintana", "Esperanza", "Anakarenina" atbp.
• Mga love teams na nagpakilig sayo: Juday and Wowie. Jolina and Marvin.
• Alam mo yung commercial ng Tender Juicy hotdog na ganito: "Dear diary, Carlo sat beside me today. He's so cute! Sabi niya I'm pretty kaya lang I'm fat."
• Kinakanta mo yung "Thank God it's Sabado, pati na rin Linggo..." at "Isa pa, isa pa, isa pang Chicken Joy".
• Nasa channel 2 pa ang Eat Bulaga at ang Mel and Jay.
• Nakikita mo sa balita na may mga kultong nagtatago na sa kweba, kasi magugunaw na ang mundo sa year 2000, at yung mga computer daw bigla na lang mag-shu-shut down at mawawala na daw ang technology.
• Chinese variety shows ang palabas tuwing umaga ng linggo.
• Matapang ka kung napanood mo lahat ng Shake, Rattle and Roll movies.
• Narinig mong i-announce sa radyo yung death ni Princess Diana. Biglang nauso yung kanta ni Elton John na "Goodbye, England's Rose."
• Nasa VHS yung mga movies na pinapanood ninyo sa bahay.
• Kung babae ka, naging crush mo si Leonardo di Caprio dahil sa Titanic. Kaya nga lang, bawal ka pa tumingin sa kissing scenes nina Jack at Rose. Haha. Read More
I've been thinking about making a online directory of my movies as a projet. It's for the convenience of people who always asks me if I have downloaded new movies. It would be easy for them to check out those movies I had.
Another reason for this is to start practicing my programming skills. Lately, I have been learning new things from work and I wanted to preserve it into something I can see. That led me into thinking of making a simple but useful website.
If I wanted to pursue this, I have to plan things out first. I have to rekindle my designing skills again (I don't dream of making a techie and glamorous/flashy website though). Hope I can start this project soon.
SUPPOSEDLY if you've seen over 85 films, you have no life. Mark the ones you've seen. Copy this list, go to your own facebook account or blog or website, paste this as a note. Then, mark X's next to the films you've seen, add them up, change the header adding your number, and click post at the bottom. Have fun.
() Rocky Horror Picture Show
(x) Pirates of the Caribbean
(x ) Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
( ) Boondock Saints
(x) Fight Club
(x ) Starsky and Hutch
(x) Neverending Story
() Blazing Saddles
( ) Airplane
( ) The Princess Bride
( ) Anchorman
(x ) Napoleon Dynamite
(x ) Labyrinth
( x) Saw II
( ) White Noise
() White Oleander
(x ) Anger Management
(x) 50 First Dates
(x) The Princess Diaries
(x ) The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
Total so far: 14
(x) Scream 2
(x) Scream 3
(x) Scary Movie
(x ) Scary Movie 2
(x) Scary Movie 3
(x) Scary Movie 4
(x) American Pie
(x American Pie 2
(x ) American Wedding
( ) American Pie Band Camp
Total so far: 24
(x) Harry Potter 1
(x) Harry Potter 2
(x) Harry Potter 3
(x) Harry Potter 4
(x ) Resident Evil 1
( x) Resident Evil 2
(x ) The Wedding Singer
() Little Black Book
(x) The Village
( ) Lilo & Stitch
Total so far:32
() Finding Nemo
( ) Finding Neverland
() The Grinch
(x) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
( x) Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
( x) White Chicks
( x) Butterfly Effect
( ) 13 Going on 30
(x) I, Robot
( x) Robots
Total so far: 38
(x ) Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
( x) Universal Soldier
(x ) Lemony Snicket: A Series Of Unfortunate Events
(x ) Along Came Polly
(x) Deep Impact
(x ) Never Been Kissed
(x ) Meet The Parents
( x) Meet the Fockers
( ) Eight Crazy Nights
( ) Joe Dirt
(x ) KING KONG
Total so far: 47
(x ) A Cinderella Story
(x) The Terminal
( x) The Lizzie McGuire Movie
( ) Passport to Paris
() Dumb & Dumber
( ) Dumber & Dumberer
(x) Final Destination
(x) Final Destination 2
(x) Final Destination 3
(x) The Ring
() The Ring 2
( ) Surviving X-MAS
(x ) Flubber
Total so far: 55
( ) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
( ) Practical Magic
( ) Chicago
(x) Ghost Ship
( ) From Hell
(x ) Hellboy
(x) Secret Window
( ) I Am Sam
(x ) The Whole Nine Yards
(x ) The Whole Ten Yards
Total so far: 60
(x) The Day After Tomorrow
( ) Child's Play
(x) Seed of Chucky
(x) Bride of Chucky
(x) Ten Things I Hate About You
(x) Just Married
( ) Nightmare on Elm Street
( ) Sixteen Candles
( ) Remember the Titans
(x) Coach Carter
(x) The Grudge
(x) The Grudge 2
(x) The Mask
(x) Son Of The Mask
Total so far: 71
(x ) Bad Boys
(x) Bad Boys 2
(x) Joy Ride
( ) Lucky Number Slevin
(x) Ocean's Eleven
(x) Ocean’s Thirteen
(x) Ocean's Twelve
(x ) Bourne Identity
(x ) Bourne Supremecy
(x) Bourne Ultimatum
( ) Lone Star
( x) Bedazzled
(x ) Predator I
(x) Predator II
(x) The Fog
(x) Ice Age
(x) Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
() Curious George
Total so far: 86
(x) Independence Day
( ) Cujo
( ) A Bronx Tale
( ) Darkness Falls
( ) Children of the Corn
( ) My Bosses Daughter
(x) Maid in Manhattan
(x) War of the Worlds
(x) Rush Hour
(x) Rush Hour 2
(x) Rush Hour 3
(x) Rush Hour 4
Total so far: 94
( ) Best Bet
(x) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
(x) She's All That
( ) Calendar Girls
( ) Sideways
(x) Mars Attacks
( ) Event Horizon
(x) Ever After
(x ) Wizard of Oz
(x) Forrest Gump
(x ) Big Trouble in Little China
(x ) The Terminator
( x) The Terminator 2
(x ) The Terminator 3
Total so far: 104
(x ) X-Men
(x ) X-2
(x ) X-3
(x ) Spider-Man
(x ) Spider-Man 2
(x) Spider-Man 3
(x) Sky High
(x) Jeepers Creepers
(x) Jeepers Creepers 2
() Catch Me If You Can
(x) The Little Mermaid
(x ) Freaky Friday
(x) Jason Goes To Hell
(x) Reign of Fire
(x) The Skulls
(x) Cruel Intentions
(x) Cruel Intentions 2
(x) The Hot Chick
(x) Shrek 2
(x) Shrek 3
Total so far: 124
( ) Swimfan
( ) Miracle on 34th street
( ) Old School
(x) The Notebook
( ) Krippendorf's Tribe
(x) A Walk to Remember
(x) Ice Castles
(x) The 40-year-old Virgin
Total so far: 130
(x) Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
(x) Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
(x) Lord of the Rings Return Of the King
(x) Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
(x) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
(x) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
(x) Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull
Total so far: 137
( ) Waiting for Guffman
( ) House of 1000 Corpses
( ) Devils Rejects
( ) Elf
(x ) Highlander
( ) Mothman Prophecies
() American History X
( ) Three
Total so Far: 140
( ) The Jacket
(x ) Kung Fu Hustle
(x ) Shaolin Soccer
(x) Night Watch
(x ) Monsters Inc.
( ) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
( ) Shaun Of the Dead
(x ) Willard
Total so far: 146
( ) High Tension
( ) Club Dread
(x) The Incredible Hulk
(x ) Dawn Of the Dead
(x ) Hook
(x) Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
(x) Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
(x) 28 days later
(x) 28 Weeks Later
( ) Orgazmo
Total so far: 156
(x) Kill Bill vol 1
(x) Kill Bill vol 2
(x) Mortal Kombat
( ) Wolf Creek
(x) Kingdom of Heaven
(x) Kung Fu Panda
(x) The Express
(x) Toy Story 1
(x) Toy Story 2
(x) Peter Pan
(x) Power Rangers: The Movie
(x) the Hills Have Eyes
(x ) City of Embers
( ) I Spit on Your Grave aka the Day of the Woman
( ) The Last House on the Left
( ) Re-Animator
(x) Army of Darkness
Total so far: 171
(x) Star Wars Ep. I The Phantom Menace
(x) Star Wars Ep. II Attack of the Clones
(x) Star Wars Ep. III Revenge of the Sith
(x) Star Wars Ep. IV A New Hope
(x) Star Wars Ep. V The Empire Strikes Back
(x) Star Wars Ep. VI Return of the Jedi
(x) Star Wars: The Clone Wars
(x) The Game Plan
(x) The Holiday
(x) The Dark Knight
(x) Batman Forever
(x) Batman Begins
(x) Batman and Robin
( ) Ewoks Caravan Of Courage
( ) Ewoks The Battle For Endor
(x) The Mummy
(x) The Mummy Returns
(x) The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
(x) Virgin Territory
(x) The Kingdom
Total so far: 195
(x ) The Matrix
(x ) The Matrix Revolutions
( ) Evil Dead
() Evil Dead 2
() Team America: World Police
(x) Red Dragon
(x) Silence of the Lambs
Total so far: 201
Well… This list isn’t complete. There’s a lot of movies I saw since my birth lol. I don’t think this survey is true. I had watched movies beyond 85 – or more that 85 (maybe 2x or 3x this number) and I had a great life. Never had a dull moment. :D